The Wüsthof Gourmet Series 16 Piece Knife and Block Set comes with a beechwood block and a unique addition to the Gourmet line, white-handled cutlery.
The versatile set includes a 2 1/4" Peeling Knife, 2 1/2" Paring Knife, 2 3/4" Trimming Knife, 3" Spear Point Paring, 3" Serrated Paring Knife, 4 1/2" Utility Knife, Four 4 1/2" Steak Knives, 5" Hollow Edge Santoku, 8" Bread Knife, 8" Cook’s Knife, 10" Honing Steel, Come-Apart Kitchen Shears, 15-Slot Acacia Wood Block.
A few of our favorite pieces in this set:
- Trimming Knife: this versatile short-pointed blade measures only 2 ¾” in length, yet retains perfect balance with the handle. It is great for detail trimming of meats as well as fruit and vegetables.
- Spear-pointed Paring Knife: for decorating with fruits, as well as peeling, mincing and dicing.
- Serrated Paring Knife: great for cutting tomatoes and other softer fruits, the serrated edge is also a great choice for cutting fruits and vegetables when a wavy edge is desired.
- Steak Knife: A curve near the tip provides excellent cutting of all kind of meat dishes.
- Break Knife: not only is this the perfect knife for cutting crunchy crusted loaves of bread, but it is great for cutting birthday cakes and watermelon.
Like all cutlery in the Gourmet series, this set includes laser-cut knives tempered to 56° Rockwell. The laser-cut blade is easy to maintain. The Gourmet line of knives is made for balance and durability with high-carbon stainless steel blades. The handle is designed of Polyoxymethylene (POM), which has a molecular structure that is resistant to fading and discoloration. The handles feature the red Trident logo. Quality made in Solingen, Germany.